Welcome to Tango Haven! This is Jeff Hudson’s budding tanguero information and resource site.
For tango community information, please go to www.YaleTangoClub.org. For specific information to register for the current class series, click the following link: Class Information and Registration Form
- There will be 12 classes in the beginner series.
- There will be a catch-up/make-up session about every four weeks for those who miss some (or many classes). You are always welcome to come back and join us and I will ensure you catch up to where everyone else is. 🙂
- I will be holding weekly private sessions for four students at a time. These will occur on most Sundays and Thursdays at my Studio (www.StudioRumberos.com). Afterwards, we can go to the Yale Tango Club practica together. Click the following link to book a space: Free Private Group Class with Jeff.
The beginner class 12 week syllabus is as follows:
- Cabeceo (Silent request for a dance)
- Embrace (Hold me like you mean it)
- Cadencias (Changing weight)
- Walking (Getting around)
- Qtr Turn to the Left (Rounding the corners)
- Ocho cortado (A super versatile and cool move)
- Ochos and rebotes (Dynamic walking)
- Ochos to a cross (Tango’s secret sauce)
- Ocho to a left turn (Dynamic movement)
More to come…